Heat Pump Servicing
We recommend to have your heat pump maintained annually for a residential heat pump. For commercially installed heat pumps, heat pump servicing should be carried out more frequently – usually at 3 or 6 month intervals.
Just like your car, regular heat pump servicing will maintain overall performance and increase the service life of your heat pump. Heat Pump Servicing will also ensure your heat pump keeps heating or cooling effectively and efficiently whilst keeping the power bill down year after year.
A properly installed and maintained heat pump from of a reputable brand should last a minimum of 10 to 15 years.
Heat Pump Servicing – More Than Just Cleaning Filters.
Cleaning your filters is something you as a heat pump owner should regularly be taking care of yourselves. A common misconception is that a heat pump service just involves simply cleaning the filters and giving the unit a wipe down. Whilst this may be true for some ‘heat pump companies’ – at Air Conditioning Specialists we are not filter cleaners, we are qualified tradesmen with the skill set and know how to get the job done properly. A skilled serviceman will also be able to pick up potential problems before they become an issue.
Our Basic Heat Pump Servicing package Includes….
- Cleaning of filters, air vanes, grills and outer covers.
- Check fan blades/scrolls and clean as required.
- Check condensate line and test for drainage.
- Check voltage, current draw and all electrical wiring and and tighten terminals.
- Check and test start/stop sequence and heating/cooling change over.
- Check both indoor units are still level, mounts intact and for unusual sounds or vibration.
- Leak test around flare fittings.
- Check both evaporator and condensor coils and report if cleaning is required.
- Test run and check air on and air off temperatures.
Heat Pump Maintenance Auckland – Your Heat Pump Could Look Like This…
Without regular Heat Pump Servicing your heat pump or air conditioning unit could look like one of these…..YUCK!
When Should I have my Heat Pump Serviced?
- If it has been over a year since it was installed.
- Increased power bills.
- Ineffective heating or cooling
- Funny smells coming from the indoor unit.
A basic service will take around 45 to 60 minutes and cost $150.00 inc gst. The best time to get a service done is either Spring or Autumn before you actually need it. For commercial buildings we can quote a price and put together a maintenance schedule for you. Give us a call on Ph. 09 834 6128 or contact us to get in touch with us to organize your heat pump maintenance today.
Want to find out more about Air Conditioning Specialists and what we do?